Tuesday, April 21, 2015

National Infertility Awareness Week


I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I will say that I attribute most of this lifestyle change to it! So if you are reading this please don’t turn this off because you are not religious or you are not a member of this church. Because that doesn’t matter! All that matters is what I did to change my attitude. I made a list and thanked my Heavenly Father for the good things that I did have in my life. Yes a child is not a part of it but I have such a wonderful husband who loves me and would die for me if he had to. I live in a home that is so beautiful and perfect for us right now, we have caring family who pray for us daily, we both have steady jobs that make it possible for us to pay for invitro and have the means to fundraise for invitro, we live in a beautiful and free country. Yes we have so much to be thankful for and I believe that EVERYONE takes so much for granted. If everyone could just look at the good things that they do have in their life, man what a wonderful world this would be! So I challenge you to do this first step: make a list of the good things in your life and think about them often. Thank everyone for everything all the time.

The next thing I did to change my poor attitude about life and our situation was letting others comfort me, and letting God comfort me. To this day I thrive on allowing God to comfort me in all aspects of my life. Many times prior to this change I was very bitter and never allowed my family or friends comfort me when they tried. Now it is hard to let your walls down to let people in but let me tell you it is a wonderful thing. The day we decided to share our story with the world was the day I let my walls down and received so much love, comfort, and support from people who I haven’t talked to in 8-10 years! It was so overwhelming and I will say that it helped immensely with a lot of the problems I was having. Its amazing what opening up and sharing yourself with others can do.

I read a scripture one night that overwhelmed me and finally put me over the edge into the true joy and happiness zone. It is 2 Nephi 32:8-9. It reads, “ 8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.
 9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul”.


Prayer is a very important part of my life. Without it I cannot thank my Heavenly Father for the good things in my life and I cannot ask him for comfort on that days when I really need the comfort, which is more often than not.  If you do not pray please I urge you to try because it opens doors for happiness and gladness. It truly is an amazing thing. These are few and simple things but they have helped me and I know it will help you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment